Monday, March 28, 2011

Upcoming blog projects

Film Lovers! Here is a list of upcoming projects for my blog. Firstly i am planning a monumental review of The Godfather Trilogy which will explore the politics of Machiavelli. Secondly i will also do another Ultimate review on 'Apocalypse Now/Redux' (1979) explaining the correlation with Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I will also explore 'Chinatown'(1974) and its philosophical connotations regarding the truth and the landscape that is Chinatown. I will also do 'Taxi Driver'(1976) and its philosophical connotations regarding city life and the contrasts with 'Midnight CowBoy' (1969).  I chose this period because it is clear that the current releases at this point in time are not mind blowing and so i have decided to take this time to build my archive. I also chose these films to focus on the era of 1970's cinema which i consider to be a golden age of filmmaking (this is with the exception of The Godfather part 3 released in 1990 and Midnight Cowboy (1969)). Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment